Monday, December 8, 2008

NFL - NY Jets vs. SF 49ers @ Candlestick Park


Yes... after a MBL game and a NBA match I finally attended a NFL  game last Sunday. (Everyone who doesn't know this acronyms should google it :D)

American Football is quite unknown in Europe, but as far as I got known to this sport so far, I'd tell it's really entertaining and more exciting to watch than most soccer matchs.

The rules are complex and difficult to understand, at least compared with other sports, but if you want to learn something new just click here

As I spent the past couple months in SF I consequentially supported the 49ers, the team of San Francisco. Although they're didn't do that well this season, they won on Sunday against the favoured NY Jets with a final score of 24 - 14.

But as you probably aren't that interested in this sport anyway I just post some nice pictures and stop telling about American Football.


The red ones are the 49ers, the green and white guys the NY Jets, the other two guys referees (there are even more of them) and the brown thing in the air the football. :-)

Panorama taken fron my seat (of course it's distorted, in fact I had a really good view over the field) The problem by taking panoramas at such crowded places is that most people just can't hold still... :-) You see what I mean if you take a closer look at the picture.

And guess how the Americans travel to the game? Public transport, yes, exactly! :D
BTW, it's just a part of the parking area...
As always, click on the pictures if you want to see them larger.

No comments: